Practice Exceptional Communication SkillsCategory:KB Consulting Solutions
Over the past decade, the method of communication has changed more dramatically than we could have ever imagined…and the ability for many to communicate has become a challenge. Our prediction? Those who master and practice great one-on-one communication skills, will own the industry.
We want to consider a few thoughts and concepts to be considered to empower you to take your communication skills and business to the next level.
Mindset for effective communication:
- Our culture has invested a great deal of time, talent, energy and money to encourage each of us to identify and acknowledge how we differ and have opposing views, opinions and perspectives through diversity training.
- What if we subscribe to different level of communication and think from a higher level of understanding?
- What if we invest the time, talent, energy and money and make a commitment to discern and embrace how we are alike?
- What if we explore and understand the needs of others through being authentic, transparent and open-minded?
- Can you imagine the places we will go and the lives we will change? Especially ours.
10 Skills to Master for Exceptional Communication:
- Enter each opportunity to communicate from a positon of curiosity rather than judgement
- Communicate each thought with passion, clarity and calmness
- Listen wholly…with all five senses
- Aggressively, yet respectfully, ask questions. Deep, dimensional, thought provoking questions
- With each response you receive, rephrase and repeat to ensure you understand what is being communicated
- Seek insight. Commit to understand rather than respond
- Target the topic and stay on it…avoid and resist rambling
- Yield and respect stalls and objections to delve deeper into subject matter
- Offer a sound, viable solution only if desired by all parties (sometimes listening wholly is enough)
- Close each conversation/communication with a clear, measurable list of actions to be taken to achieve the desired results.
Hearing is one of the five senses; listening is an art. Be an artist.
Times are changing, communication is evolving (in good and not-so-good ways). When you master your communication skills and you will dominate the real estate industry.
All in all, it doesn’t really matter if communication is by smoke signals, tweets or somewhere in between. What matters is how genuinely and honestly a message is communicated. More and more importantly and significantly the power of clarity is unstoppable.
Always and forever, it’s not what you say, or even how you say it. It’s all about what you hear and how you respond.